Thursday, September 15, 2011

you my friend, are strong.

"strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in the time to come."

 -Proverbs 31:25, 


"She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms."

 -Proverbs 31:17


Without a doubt God has given us women powerful strength. No matter how little or big we might think it is, God has designed us to be strong in Him. I personally never felt like I had a problem with this at all. I declared myself strong in the Lord simply because I have been surrounded by people who are. Recently I had the opportunity to discover otherwise. I had placed my strength in something else besides my King, and when it was swept beneath my feet I was.... weak. A weak that even looking back now, I never thought that I could be. I had lost hope and lost sight. A wonderful friend of mine, (my lovely mother) came to the rescue to, well, remind me of who I am and Who's I am. She reminded me that I AM NOT strong, but in Him I am unbreakable. I do not have to be strong in times of hardship or for that matter even in times of joy for if I am with my King, I will be strong in Him and because of Him. Just thought I would share my struggles and tell you beautiful ladies that, YOU ARE STRONG. God has given you that strength in Him. From being a loving mother, the struggling college student, or the young girl finding herself, I urge you to rely on your God and I guarantee you that His strength will shine through your beautiful faces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment