Thursday, September 15, 2011

Feeling Overwhelmed Anyone?

With my college classes coming to a sprint to the finish line, having an essay due every week it seems, tests, labs, not to mention classes outside of college class. My business, the project i started for a ministry, going into work, and trying to remind myself to still be a kid, i’ve felt more overwhelmed than i have in a long time. A couple nights ago I am pretty sure that i had a mental break down ( that was needed to say the least ) I dropped to the floor and completely lost it like a crazy person. Crying and blabbering sitting on the ground. Once i had stopped enough were my words were actually understandable, I sat up and gave it all up to God. I think that I get ahead of myself very easily, and try to handle everything on my own, which is pretty dumb if you ask me, because the God of the universe is just waiting for us to go to him with everything we have, good or bad.
 Cast your cares on the Lord, because He cares for you (1 Peter 5:7)
He already knows the details of our life and what is causing you to feel overwhelmed, So why not run to him? I found that reminding myself that I NEED a savior was the best answer to this overwhelmed problem. Feeling overwhelmed is often a sign that we are trying in our own strength to do what He has called us to do. Which we will never be able to do. We DESPERATELY need his grace and power, and it is not a bad thing. He has made us that way. He has made us to NEED him, to be completly vulnerable with him. 
Isaiah 41:10: Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Matthew 6:34: Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Philippians 4:6-7: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment