Thursday, September 15, 2011

single

This struggle always seems to pop up every now and then, when i am feeling down. I get so eager for a boy to come and whisk me off my feet and carry me away into the sunset… yeah yeah yeah i know, its fairytale thinking. Still, this want becomes so demanding in my life at times. I feel that i need it, to some how be/feel complete. I was reading the other day and stumbled across Isaiah 54. It completely blew me away, and made me feel secure. After reading it, i did some research and broke down the verse, which furthered my amazement in what God says he will do for me. 
In this chapter we see that with God, we can have joy and fulfillment in our lives, whether we have a husband or children. (verse 1) That we are not alone. God is our loving partner and redeemer. (verse 5) 
In the end, whatever plan that God has planned out for me, I have faith that i will be content, because He will be the one to complete me. Understanding this brings me a world of comfort. Don’t get me wrong, i would still love to ride in the sunset with my knight in shinning armor, if God permits it of course. :)
Until next time, xoxo
Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment